SCRATCH with READY STEADY CODE
Launched 10th Oct 2017, Available to Buy
- 120-pages of 70 short, easy exercises for teachers and tutors
- 100 projects with code shared on-line, many with the new grids
- Written by Seamus O’Neill, an experienced primary teacher, Maths author and CoderDojo Club pioneer and mentor
“A pen, a copy and your brain, the 3 tools kids mostly use in school”. Seamus’s book SCRATCH with Ready-Steady-Code shows how SCRATCH with vector grids is the new visual thinking tool for teaching and learning in the 21st century.
It was launched during Code Week EU 2017 and comes with two free A2-size wall charts; the 10 Palettes and Coding Sums. Cost €20 + P&P.
Click ‘Order Now’ to get your copy.
TRAINING COURSE for your staff or your local school cluster.
The course and pack were designed by an experienced primary teacher, Maths author, Scratch tutor and Code Club pioneer and mentor. Contact us to set a date. You organise the course including venue and the numbers of attendees. Price quoted is for the full group (min 10 persons).
€640 for 10 packs, 1 course day (6 hrs + breaks) Extra packs €10.00 each
Courses of three separate 2-hour sessions could be facilitated but would incur extra travel and
expense costs. Contact us if you think we can offer more assistance.
• Suitable for teaching professionals at all levels of education • Purpose: to give an introduction to Scratch, the world’s leading software for learning and teaching Computational Thinking and visual code.
• Pack contents: 3 laminated booklets, one for each 2-hour workshop.
• Extras: 2 large Wall-Charts free in each training pack plus skills attainment checklists and notes on integrating code with Computational Thinking.
This unique course makes Scratch coding simpler, enjoyable and better suited to school integration. Our fine-line grids are the Magic Mix that was added into Scratch by its developers in the MIT Media Lab (Boston) in June 2017.
Layout and Code
Your Own Games
Code What You Do with
a Pencil in Your Copybook
Code Maths Work
Even at Secondary Level
National SCRATCH Conference:(Training Workshops and resources:)
The book was the perfect follow up. The Grids are excellent. Posters are great for the classroom.